Kansas Strong offers workshops with curricula for K-12 teachers and students. Kansas Strong’s curriculum and lesson plans are designed to meet Kansas State Department of Education Teaching Standards. Our workshops provide curricula that creates a hands-on learning environment with all the materials, lesson plans and teacher guides for the educator to teach a concept or adapt the lessons as needed, and has STEM learning activities.
The entire program is completely free. Kansas Strong provides a $50 stipend and Professional Development hours for each teacher that attends. Contact us at 316.771.7167 if you would like more fliers, or additional information.
Kansas Strong is proud to support educators and provides over a hundred-thousand dollars in curriculum and materials every year!
Who can attend a workshop?
- Any certified teacher may attend any workshop and be eligible for the stipend and professional development credits.
- Only teachers currently teaching the subject and grade level for the curriculum which they are attending a workshop are eligible for a kit.
- Upon approval of the Education Director, teachers who teach multiple subjects or grades may be eligible for a second kit for a different curriculum provided they attend a separate workshop for training in a second curriculum. Teachers who are attending a second workshop for a second kit must provide feedback and documentation on how the first kit was utilized before they are eligible for a second kit.
- No individual may receive more than one kit in a given curriculum, or more than two kits in total (one per curriculum).
- Kansas Strong will provide for replacement supplies for each kit at the Education Director’s discretion, not to exceed 5 years from the date the educator attended the workshop for the kit needing supplemented.
- Teachers are eligible for a new kit every 5 years, provided they attend another workshop.
- Special Education teachers are encouraged to sign up for a workshop.
- Student Teachers who have a contract to teach are encouraged to sign up for a workshop, and may be eligible for a kit at the Education Director’s discretion.
Sublette – SW Plains Educational Center: (Closed Registration) March 5, 2020
Garden City – Bernadine Sitts Intermediate Center: March 7, 2020
Emporia – Emporia State University: (Tentative) September 19, 2020
Topeka: TBA (Tentative) October 10, 2020
100 S. Main
Wichita, Kansas 67202